Greetings. My name is Milan and I am a New York City based writer, artist, Reiki Grand Master practitioner and project manager. This site is a link tree of sorts to learn more about my different endeavors and a portfolio for some of my creative writing.
I don’t believe in alter egos,
I believe that we are multi-dimensional beings made up of layers and infinitely expansive flavor profiles. I think we are spirits in “avatars” with the purpose to learn on Earth and rediscover who we are and just how great we are. Alter egos put us in limiting categorized boxes when we can just simply be and create from our unique and authentic selves and not what someone else thinks we are or should be. I love my layers, I can be peaceful and chill and yet I can also be lively and animated. I enjoy jazz and classical music just as much as I enjoy 80’s and 90’s R&B and Rick Ross. I’m highly spiritual and fun loving. Living a full and passion filled life are big values for me. Part of my life’s purpose includes inspiring people and creating and experiencing dope things.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I have an aversion to pigeons (I’m working on it).
- In high school I ran track & field and won medals for relays; I also practiced Taekwondo and won a silver medal in a tournament.
- I come from a artistic/musical family and played the piano in elementary school. In high school I took voice lessons from Opera great, Peggy Fleming’s, mother at the Eastman Kodak Center in Rochester, NY. I sang songs in all kinds of languages including Italian and Latin. I wanted to sound like Brandy or Destiny’s Child so I didn’t always appreciate the experience fully but I definitely learned a lot about music theory and singing technique and performance and want to revisit singing more like singing in a choir.
- I love music and different songs or albums take me back to different times and experiences in my life.
- I am a proud member of one of the Divine 9, historically black Greek letter organizations, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated.
- As a child I was obsessed with the stars and could be found in the library devouring books on the galaxies.
- My Ancestry.com DNA results show that I am of East and West African descent. (Most Black Americans are primarily of West African descent)
- I’m obsessed with bullet journaling, cool notebooks, office supplies & Pentel pens and organization.
- I moved to New York City in 2006 with only 2 suitcases and a few hundred dollars.
- I’m a Scorpio and an introvert. While I am not socially awkward, I definitely enjoy alone time.